A fun, engaging free printable Valentine’s Day Word Search with 20 love and friendship themed words for students to find! There’s an answer key included as an aid.
❤️ Why We Love It
Valentine’s Day is all about fun, love, and friendship (and candy too!), and we love incorporating educational activities into holiday fun!
This Valentine’s Day word search is designed to be a meaningful and engaging activity that students will enjoy, all while practicing important literacy skills!
Students will practice reading and finding 20 different words. This helps improve visual discrimination as well as spelling and decoding skills!
👉 Not only do I use this in my classroom, but I tuck a printed copy into each of my daughter’s school valentines (with a copy of our self-esteem candy jar!), so her friends get to take home a fun activity along with their candy!
Word Search Words
- Be Mine
Tips & Info
- This worksheet is best suited for children grades 2-6, but it’s suitable for any students above a second grade reading level.
- Pair this worksheet with lessons about Valentine’s Day, holidays, or February.
- Dive Deeper: Some of our favorite Valentine’s Day themed books to recommend for young readers are Harvey the Heart (this one will get a LOT of giggles) and Celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Word Search and Crossword Puzzle
- President’s Day: I Spy America Printable
- Easter: I Spy Easter & Word Scramble
We love to see our worksheets in the real world! Please let us know about your experience with it.
Leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram @literacylearn.
TERMS: All resources and printables are designed for personal use only in homes and classrooms. Please share with others by using the social share links provided or distributing the link to this page so others can download their own copy. We ask that you do not reproduce these items on the web or make photocopies for anyone outside your own home or classroom. This allows us to keep making free resources for everyone! Thank you!