Seven Earth Day themed free printable worksheets to help children aged preschool and Kindergarten learn about nature, the earth, sustainability, and recycling. Children will practice tracing, coloring, patterns, and more!
You may also like: Clapping Syllables Worksheets.
Every year on April 22, we celebrate Earth Day! Across the globe, people come together to learn and share ways to better care for the Earth. Those lessons include sustainability, the environment, recycling, and more.
We want to celebrate our Earth and all she does for us while reinforcing our educational lessons and literacy building blocks. These worksheets are designed to compliment and aid your Earth Day lesson plans for children in Pre-K and Kindergarten.
Note: In the spirit of Earth Day, please remember to recycle the paper after your children do these (and all other) worksheets!
📚 Educational Focus
Teachers and parents can use these worksheets to aid lessons about Earth Day, sustainability, recycling, and more! Children will practice skills like coloring, cutting, pasting, patterns, and tracing letters.
These worksheets are appropriate for children ages 4 – 6 in Pre-K and Kindergarten.
🌎 Earth Day Worksheet pdfs included:
- I Spy Worksheet: Children find and circle Earth Day images.
- Tracing Worksheet: Children will trace the words “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Earth Day.”
- Recycling Practice: Children will cut out and sort images of recyclable and non-recyclable items.
- Patterns Worksheet: Children will identify Earth Day images in a pattern and circle the picture that comes next.
- Scavenger Hunt: Children will look at their surroundings for items related to Earth Day.
- Coloring: Children will color in pictures related to Earth Day.
- Ways to Help: Five ways young children can participate in Earth Day and help care for the Earth in real life.
We love to see our worksheets in real life! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @literacylearn.
👉 Click to download the 7 free printable Earth Day worksheets.
Update: Some visitors do not seem to be able to download these free printables. As we try to fix this issue, you can either email us [email protected] to request the file, or simply save the images below. Thanks for your patience and understanding!