Earth Day Free Printable Worksheets
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Seven Earth Day-themed free printable worksheets to help children aged preschool and Kindergarten learn about nature, the earth, sustainability, and recycling. Children will practice tracing, coloring, patterns, sorting, and more!
🌎 Why We Love It
Every year on April 22, we celebrate Earth Day! Across the globe, people come together to learn and share ways to better care for the Earth. Those lessons include sustainability, the environment, recycling, and more.
We want to celebrate our Earth and all she does for us while reinforcing our educational lessons and literacy building blocks. These worksheets are designed to complement and aid your Earth Day lessons for children in Pre-K and Kindergarten.
♻️ Note: In the spirit of Earth Day, please remember to recycle the paper after your children finish these (and all other) worksheets!
💚 The Worksheets
These worksheets are appropriate for children ages 4 – 6, in Pre-K and Kindergarten.
- I Spy Earth Day Worksheet: Children find and circle Earth Day images.
- Tracing Worksheet: Children will trace the words “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Earth Day.”
- Recycling Practice: Children will cut out and sort images of recyclable and non-recyclable items.
- Patterns Worksheet: Children will identify Earth Day images in a pattern and circle the picture that comes next.
- Scavenger Hunt: Children will look at their surroundings for items related to Earth Day.
- Coloring: Children will color in pictures related to Earth Day.
- Ways to Help: Five ways young children can participate in Earth Day and help care for the Earth in real life.
📚 Educational Focus
Teachers and parents can use these worksheets to aid lessons about Earth Day, sustainability, recycling, and more!
- Children will practice important fine motor skills through tracing, coloring, cutting, and pasting.
- They’ll practice recognizing patterns and sorting.
- Earth Day Word Search
- Earth Day Acrostic Poems
- Clapping Syllables Worksheets
- 4 Seasons Beginning Sounds Worksheets
🖨️ Download & Print
We love to see our worksheets in real life! Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @literacylearn or leave a comment below to share about your experience!
TERMS: All resources and printables are designed for personal use only in your own home and classroom. Each educator must visit this site and download their own free copy. Please do not photocopy, email, or reproduce our printable resources for other teachers, and please do not reproduce our printables on the web or save them to a shared drive for others to access. Instead, share the resources with others by sharing the link to the blog post itself or by using the social share links provided. This allows us to keep making free resources for everyone! If you have any questions, please email us. Please see our Creative Credits page for information regarding the licensed ClipArt used in our resources. Thank you!
I love your designs and I’m sure my kids will enjoy them and learn about the earth at the same time!
Can’t access the download.
Hi, If you scroll to near the bottom of the post, you’ll see a blue download button. Click that. 🙂 -Laura
I would love to use these with an ELL student. I don’t see any button for download.
Hi! The download text is just below the picture in very large text. Let us know if you find it! 🙂 -Laura
May I have the printable as well please?
Of course! Emailing you now. 🙂 -Katie
May I have the printable too please?
Absolutely! Just sent to you! -Katie
Hi, I would like the free printable a please, the free download isn’t working
Sent! 🙂 -Katie
Hi! I can’t open the file! Would love to use these resources!
Hi Cassie, I just emailed them to you! -Katie
Hi! I’d also love a copy of these worksheets to do with my kids! My email is [email protected] 🙂
Hi Daria! I’m emailing them to you now! 🙂 -Katie