Get these 3 printable Magic Wand worksheets for students to better understand and practice Silent E. Students will cut out the letter E magic wand, then explore its power to change the middle vowel sound in words!
🪄 Why We Love It
In my classroom, I always talk about the Silent E being magical, because it has the power to make the vowel say its name!
And there’s no better way to reinforce that than this exercise, featuring 3 free magic wand worksheets for Silent E practice. Students get their very own letter E magic wand to change words right before their eyes!
Using the magic wand, words completely change, both in the way they sound and their meaning.
Magic E Practice Examples:
- kit → kite
- cop → cope
- bit → bite
- tap → tape
✨ Using the Worksheets
- Cut out the mini magic wand. If your students want to have a little extra fun, they can color it first!
- Read the first word on the list.
- Place the magic wand at the end of the word, then read it again.
- Repeat until you’ve changed every word on the worksheet.
Tips & Info
- Really exaggerate and point out the way the middle vowel changes sounds from short to long once the magic happens.
- Allow kids to do this activity in front of other students! It builds confidence, it’s great practice, and it’s so fun!
- Years ago I found a magician’s top hat. 🎩 I pull it out when using these printables and everyone wants a turn reading aloud as they act as a real magician!
- Six Syllable Types: Everything you need to know & free anchor chart
- Silent E Words List with Picture Match Worksheets
- Silent E Practice Worksheets
- First 100 High Frequency Words
Download & Print
We’d love to hear about your experience with these worksheets!
Please leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram @literacylearn.
TERMS: All resources and printables are designed for personal use only in homes and classrooms. Please share with others by using the social share links provided or distributing the link to this page so others can download their own copy. We ask that you do not reproduce these items on the web or make photocopies for anyone outside your own home or classroom. This allows us to keep making free resources for everyone! Thank you!