Download these three super fun Thanksgiving printable activity placemats for tons of educational fun! Kids will color by number, practice I spy, and decode a secret holiday message. They’re printed on regular sized printer paper, because that’s the perfect size for kids, plus it means there’s no extra trip to the store for special paper.
Why We Love It
We are all about educational holiday fun! We love to use our seasonal Beginning Sounds Worksheets with our early readers, and we put together Christmas I Spy worksheets, Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt, plus Summer-themed worksheets as well!
Because when you incorporate educational elements with things kids are already excited about, that excitement transfers. And if there’s one thing we love, it’s excited and motivated learners!
And these three Thanksgiving activity placemats help to keep children entertained and practicing their skills, all while celebrating all things Turkey Day.
🥧 Thanksgiving Activity Pages / Placemats
There are three printable activity pages to choose from. Here’s what you’ll get in your free download:
- Color by Number: Color in the turkey by following the number code.
- I Spy Thanksgiving: Try to find all the Thanksgiving themed pictures inside the Pilgrim’s hat.
- Poem Decode Activity: Read a Thanksgiving poem and decode the secret message using the key.
When I used them at our Thanksgiving table, I printed all three for each child, but you can choose just one.
Another option is to print double sided, that way each kid gets an extra activity and you save paper (our Earth Day printables would be so proud!).
Tips & Info
- Age Group: The I Spy and Color By Numbers worksheets can be used for children Pre-K through 3rd grade.
- The Decoding Poem worksheet is best suited for children in 2nd through 4th grade.
- Printing: We’d recommend printing on slightly heavier paper, like card stock, since they’re going to pull double duty as placemats.
Download & Print
We’d love to hear about your experience using this resource and value your feedback!
Please leave a comment below or tag us on Instagram @literacylearn.
DOWNLOAD TERMS: All of our resources and printables are designed for personal use only in homes and classrooms. Each teacher must download his or her own copy. To share with others, please use the social share links provided or distribute the link to the blog post so others can download their own copies. Please do not save to a shared drive, reproduce our resources on the web, or make photocopies for anyone besides your own students. Your support in this allows us to keep making free resources for everyone! Please see our Creative Credits page for information about the licensed clipart we use. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our terms, please email us. Thank you!